General Information on Discretionary Places (DP) of the Secondary School Places Allocation (SSPA) System (2022-23)

Submitted by czm_admin1 on Sat, 12/11/2021 - 10:37

(1)  Introduction

  1. In accordance with the rules of the Education Bureau, our school will allocate 40 Secondary One places for the P.6 students to apply for the Discretionary Places (DP).
  2. The medium of instruction of our school is English.
  3. For more detailed information about our school, please visit our website or refer to our school brochure.

(2)  Eligibility for application

  1. Student must attain good conduct (Grade B or above).
  2. Students should obtain grade B or above in Chinese, English and Mathematics in the school examinations of the second term of P.5 or the first term of P.6. If the subject results are shown in scores, 80 marks or above should be obtained in the examination of those three subjects.
  3. If students achieve outstanding performance in extra-curricular activities or regional competitions, special consideration will be given.

(3)  Application Procedures

Form distribution

Starting from 13 December 2021

In person

School Office hours*


Form in PDF
Form in Word

Form submission

3 - 17 January 2022

In person

School Office hours*

By mail

On or before the deadline (subject to the postmark date)


  • The completed Application Form should be submitted with photocopies of all supporting documents and the stub of the SSPA DP Application Form. Please submit the form to the school office in person, or by mail (TWGHs Chen Zao Men College, 1-5 Kwai Hop Street, Kwai Chung, N.T.) on or before the deadline (subject to the postmark date).
  • Applicants must submit two self-addressed envelopes with $2 stamp affixed for the interview arrangements. 


  • Students studying in the primary schools of TWGHs in Kwai Tsing District can directly obtain the Application Form from their schools.

 * School Office Hours

 - 9:00 am to 12:30 pm
 - 2:00 pm to 5:00 pm

 - 9:00 am to 11:30 am

(4)  Submission of application

Attach photocopies of the following documents with the application form:

  1. Hong Kong Identity Card
  2. Report cards of the P.5 (First and second terms) and P.6 (First term)
  3. Certificate of achievement (if any)
  4. Two self-addressed envelopes with $2 stamp affixed. The name of student and address should be clearly stated.

(a) Submission the recommendation letter is not necessary.
(b) It is advised to use paper clips for classification instead of folders or files.

(5)  Selection criteria of Discretionary Places (DP) and weighting

  1. All eligible applicants will be invited for interview.
  2. The Discretionary Places (DP) will be allocated according to the following:
  • Rank order of the applicant under the Secondary School Places Allocation (SSPA) System provided by the Education Bureau (20%)
  • P.5 and P.6 school academic performance (20%) and conduct (10%)
  • School or inter-school achievement, outstanding performance showing other talents or training (10%)
  • Interview [Reading aloud in Chinese and English, problem solving, individual interview and group discussion] (40%)

(6)  Matters for notice

  1. According to the regulations of the Education Bureau, P.6 students can apply for DP from two secondary schools. Unsuccessful applicants are recommended to select our school as the first choice in the stage of Central Allocation (CA) in order to increase the chance of admission.
  2. Successful applicants of the SSPA DP of our school will receive notifications by phone and by mail on 31 March 2022.

(7)  Personal information collection statement

  1. The information provided by the applicants and their parents will only be used for the purpose of application for S1 DP.
  2. Some information may be passed to the Education Bureau or the Education Division of TWGHs for related educational purposes.
  3. Within the scope of the exemptions specified in the "Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance", applicants and their parents have the right to obtain and correct their personal information.
  4. If you want to obtain or change your personal information, please contact our school office.